View Single Post

Old 03-22-2015, 06:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

When did 20% become the standard? For as long as I can remember it was always a minimum of 15% for good service and more for excellent service. I usually tip 20% as long as the service is decent, but will tip 10% or less if I feel that the server is not doing his or her job.

I was at World of Beer last year having a few exotic beers and the server spent the entire time I was there talking to her friends. She came over once when my glass was still 90% full and asked if I wanted another. When I finished my beer, it was ten minutes before she could tear herself away to ask if I wanted anything else. I ordered a different beer and it took her five minutes to bring it. It's not that she was busy. she had plenty of time to talk with other people at the bar. My bill came to $9 and change. I left a ten and walked away. She was probably cursing me out as some old cheapskate, but the service was truly terrible.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.