Forums

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Thread: swollen ankles
View Single Post

Old 03-22-2015, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulahips View Post
Tks for great tips. I do watch my salt am pretty much a health enthusiast. my Dr gave me 3 choices. I turned down all 3. First she said I could go on the med (forget name) that pretty much keeps u in the bathroom all the time. No 2 get test for blood clot or no 3 wear compression hose. Said no to all and today ankles are better. Will keep an eye on them though. Maybe just one dish I had was loaded with salt I am thinking
Hula - Good that you said NO to all three pieces of advice. Lasix makes you pee like a race horse, but won't solve your problem. If you had a blood clot, or the doctor suspected you did, a good doctor wouldn't give you much of a choice to have the ultrasound. A blood clot could kill you. And the third option, wear compression hose, is good advice for someone with circulation problems. Time to get a new doctor, one that will identify the problem before giving you choices like this. GEEZ!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.