View Single Post

Old 03-22-2015, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuccillo View Post
You don't have to agree with me about enjoying the ride but I do expect you to respect the law and the law says that cyclists and street legal golf carts have the same rights to the roads as automobiles and you are required, by law, to share the road. This is not a debatable issue, it is not my definition - it is the law.
It seems very odd that a bicyclist can ride in the road without tags/taxes or insurance... where a street legal cart cannot. Why not a 'street legal' bicycle with a license plate and head and tail lights?
Do the bicycles have speed laws to follow? Golf carts seems way safer on the road than a bicycle. Notice I did not say the cart was safe, and FYI, I do not own a street legal cart. I just think the laws are a bit squirrely and favor bicycles. They can ride on cart paths OR highways, and golf carts cannot, unless you spend the money to make it street legal. When bikes have a safer road to travel on, like cart paths, why in their right mind would they get on the road with cars and trucks. Everyone always talks about street legal carts being death mobiles, but they seldom say how incredibly dangerous a bicycle on a street is. I am sure many of you will disagree with my thinking, but IMHO the rules need changing!