View Single Post

Old 03-23-2015, 09:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
We have a friend who recently had a stroke while playing softball. He was taken to TVRH promptly. TVRH is not an accredited Primary Stroke Center. That means TVRH is not equipped to provide the rapid care that can save a stroke victim's brain. Look at our population here folks. We are all potential stroke patients.

Our closest accredited Primary Stroke Centers are: Monroe Regional in Ocala, and Leesburg Regional in Leesburg. Remember this and be sure your friends and relatives know this. These are where you need to be taken if you are having a stroke - save your brain. Be your own advocate. If you are not able, make sure a family member is! Make sure the ambulance is taking you to one of these two hospitals if you have symptoms of a stroke.

We believe our friend will be ok. In the meantime get the word out to your friends and relatives. I intend to contact TVRH to encourage them to establish an Accredited Primary Stroke Center.

David, what does that encompass? I read that we lost a neurologist a few years back here under troubling conditions that hit the paper. They need to administer TPA Stat, right? And of course they would need a neurologist on duty at all times..or at least on call?

I think the company who is running the hospital needs to hear this from all of us. Call or write as DBussone suggests.