View Single Post

Old 03-23-2015, 10:52 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villager Joyce View Post
I started this thread, and I allowed myself to get distracted and sidetracked. The point of my post was to find out why people in their 40s and 50s want to live in a community that is a retirement community. Why do they want to live here?
Because it is a fun town with a myriad of things to do. Dancing and music in three squares everyday of the year. They haven't decided if this is a golf town with a drinking problem or a drinking town with a golf problem.

It is also very beautiful and well maintained. You don't see any litter on sidewalks or anywhere. Flowers are constantly being planted and everyone takes pride in their home.

People come from different backgrounds and people don't care about status or what people have done in their working lives. They come to have fun as almost all people are, very active and lively.

As much younger good friends, (mid fifties), of mine, say, "what's there, not to love".

When there is an age difference of more than 10 years, some people may have grown up in a different generation, so their views may be different or may feel their energy level is higher but I have not seen people not getting along because of their age. Some older folks can run circles around some of the younger folks. Like anything else, "it's a matter of having varied interests, that can be shared".

Age is just a number.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).