View Single Post

Old 03-23-2015, 02:25 PM
TOTV SPONSOR
Default Battery Boys

Hello, My name is Brad, I'm the owner of Battery Boys. If all readers will indulge me for a moment here is how and what we do for you.

Every job we do is with brand new batteries, never factory seconds, reconditioned or blems (like I have been accused of). With EVERY battery job your cart gets a thorough cleaning before the new batteries go in. Question - when is there a better time to clean all that corrosion from the battery compartment than before new batteries are installed? Corrosion is the cancer of a golf cart, just think what the next 3 to 5 years will do to your cart if you don't clean it? Sure, other installers will clean it too but ONLY if you ask them and ONLY if you pay extra. Now the price difference is very minimal.

New cables? The ones you get will likely be 6 gauge. If we replace cables we only use heavy jacketed 4 gauge cables, that is what most cart manufacturers recommend. However, we take the time to clean your cables with a wire wheel on a high speed drill so you get good connectivity. Plus we furnish stainless steel lock washers so vibration isn't prone to have a cable come loose on you. We also zip tie any loose wires so you are less likely to have a problem later.

All technicians drive company furnished trucks that are clearly marked plus they wear Battery Boys uniforms so that you know it is us when we pull up. 95% of our installs we do at your house so your cart never leaves your sight.

Truth is this is your cart and your investment - take the time to drive to each of our locations and meet us. I'm right here in Oxford about a half mile from the Walmart on HWY 466. Any of the other companies mentioned are 25 or more miles away (depending on where in The Villages you live). Keep that in mind if you have any kind of warranty issue.

Lastly if you want an unbiased service so you can compare each company call the Sumter County Sheriff's Office at 352-689-4600 and ask for the Seniors -vs- Crime Division, ask how many "unresolved" disputes they have on record for each company, I will let my record speak for itself.

So when you truly compare our service to others and make them do what we do automatically the dollar difference is minimal at best. But if what you really want is excellent service, people who will stand behind their work, someone that is based close to where you live then I want to be your battery guy. If cheap is all that interests you by all means there are plenty of people willing to do cheap work.