View Single Post

Old 03-23-2015, 04:05 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by applesoffh View Post
Did I totally misread the response given by the hospital administrator? He said that TVRH had neurologists available 24/7 and were able to administer clot busting drugs when necessary. They are not able to do neurosurgery, and refer to Leesburg or Shands as appropriate.

My husband was sent to the ER right from our doctor's office on March 6th. He was given a CT scan of the brain and was seen by a neurologist. Other tests were done before it was determined that he had not suffered a stroke. We followed up with a visit to the neurologist today and my husband is being tested for other matters. If it had been determined at intake that transfer to Leesburg was necessary, it would have been done.

As for the hospital, the food isn't bad, and will be better when it isn't shipped in from another facility. The food service at TVRH is shut down currently because of the renovation. You're right, the parking stinks. Finally, slowness. In all fairness, the ER isn't slow - patients are triaged and treated accordingly. While my husband was there, every bay was full, there were patients in the corridor, and I overheard one of the paramedics comment to a nurse that his company had to send two additional ambulances up from Orlando that day because it was so busy. Look at our aging population. Look at the time of year (peak season) - yes, things will be slower than you may like. Nothing is worse than waiting for help when you or a loved one is ill, but everyone is treated by need, and not on a first-come, first-served basis.
I explained earlier. I started my answered, walked away and submitted without looking further. The CEO response was posted in that gap. As for food parking etc., I could care less. I care about the treatment being given. I made reference to those items in an attempt to show the importance of the treatment, and the unimportance of those things.