View Single Post

Old 03-24-2015, 11:06 PM
Default "Significantly more homes in Wildwood"

The above is a quote from the online news. Some people are already commenting on another thread that was started about what might happen to the land on 466A across from Pinellas, and beside the Sand Hill golf course, formerly Tradewinds Village. But because the name of the thread is a little misleading, (New golf course and village) and the fact that it is on page 2, and about 6 pages back, I am starting a new topic.
You know, it is very easy to say...if you don't like something, you should leave. That's the first thing anyone says when someone complains about anything. But sometime people have legitimate complaints. I think that this new Village is going to make living in the southern part of the Villages pretty miserable for many people. With the 2000 houses from Fruitland Village, and this new developement of "significant" number of houses on 200 acres, we could be looking at possibly another 1000+ homes if they do CYV's in Wildwood. That could possibly put 5000-6000 more people on 466A, not counting the other houses being built all around Bell Glade area, and the new houses in Charlotte. I have no idea how many that will be. Then add to the mix, all the other houses being built off of 466a by other developers, and I would hope that anyone could see that traffic on 466a and all surrounding areas will be horrible. We live basically at the intersection of Buena Vista and St Charles, and between cars and the fact that the golf cart path for most of the Southern courses all pass along the entrance of St James, traffic even in summer can be extremely busy. Our pools and Rec centers are always busy. So although this new Village might not directly effect some of you, don't say that everything is wonderful, and not all people are happy about it. Saying something like this bothers you does not mean that you want to leave, just wish The Villages would consider the how new buildings will be negative for the residents.

Last edited by VT2TV; 03-25-2015 at 12:14 AM. Reason: add name of thread