Thread: 7,000 animals?
View Single Post

Old 03-25-2015, 11:01 AM
Soaring Eagle member

There is some compelling research that indicates that a plant based diet can have a significant impact on reducing heart disease and cancer. While we do fall off the wagon occasionally, my wife has pretty much switched us over to a vegetarian diet. One of my favorites is a "tuna salad" made from garbanzo beans.

One way to think about this is your life expectancy without civilization would be much shorter. So short, on average, that diseases such as heart blockages and cancer never develop in the average person. People are living much longer because of modern medicine - viruses, infections from wounds, and broken bones are no longer fatal, as well as dramatically decreased infant mortality. People are living so long that heart disease and cancer now have a chance to develop. A plant based diet appears to be an effective way to combat those diseases as you age. Prevention is always better than treatment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
For thousands of years man has been eating animals. In the Bible, God instructs people to kill and burn animals. All of the people in the Bible ate animals including Jesus. Why, all of a sudden in the past 60 years or so, are we supposed to change this? I believe that God put animals on this earth to nourish his people.