View Single Post

Old 01-30-2008, 05:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts
Default I Guess I Didn't Realize What "Snowbird Season" Meant

Maybe we were too buy getting settled in our new home this time last year. But this year I'm coming to know what "snowbird season" means. (All due respect to those readers who are snowbirds!)

After New Year's the traffic in TV picked up perceptably...going to the country clubs for dinner without an hour wait? Forget it...my wife and neighbor tell me they have to go at least 30-45 minutes early to get into the attendance-limited yoga classes...there's a line at the pools half an hour before the scheduled water aerobics classes...all the good movies sell out early...trying to get within 2-3 blocks of Lake Sumter Landing when Rocky & The Rollers are performing? Oh my...tickets for good performances during "the season" from the box offices? Better get there during the first couple of days the tix are on sale...and then there's the golfer's lament(s)...even the plop-plop sound of the pickle ball games in the morning seems to be getting louder.

I guess maybe it's this way all over Florida during January-February-March. Now I know why the old-timers around here gently complain about this time of year and can't wait until it gets warm up north and TV empties out a bit. I guess I'll join them and work on the unread book pile.

Not complaining...just kvetching.