View Single Post

Old 01-30-2008, 02:33 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: I Guess I Didn't Realize What "Snowbird Season" Meant

While I agree that the snowbird migration creates some inconveniences, the alternative would be a harbinger of unpleasant significance. Snowbirds reinvigorate the off season economy, add vibrancy and life to the downtown and to a large extent, underwrite facilities and benefits of scale we enjoy in and around the Villages. How much fun would Rocky and the Rollers be with a crowd of six?

Snowbirds help spread the word about the Villages to insure its prosperity for decades and let's not forget that their limited presence helps pay the bills for the amenities we enjoy year round. Another positive reflection would be those off season perks we just love to enjoy. Reduced golf fees, uncrowded restaurants, cruising Buena Vista with nothing to worry about but the occasional radar trap.

Hey, without the snowbirds, the Villages might still be beautiful, pristine land with pure natural water, gently rolling cattlegrazing pastures mixed with watermelon fields, horse farms and no exhaust fumes. Hmmmm.