Thread: 7,000 animals?
View Single Post

Old 03-26-2015, 10:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbg150 View Post
I have recently concluded myself that a plant-based diet is the best for me and for the planet. This is a personal decision and I appreciate Jimbo sharing his feelings about how he came to that decision. A really helpful discussion would be how we can have more healthful choices in the Villages. A vegetarian and an Indian restaurant would be nice. So would a Whole Foods. Short of that, more vegan (dairy free vegetarian choices) on every restaurant's menu would be helpful. I was excited to go to Orange Blossom yesterday because I heard they had a page of vegetarian choices on their menu, but unfortunately 95% of it was not vegan. In a community this large, surely we could accommodate more vegan options?
You realize of course that if enough people were buying those sorts of things that businesses would sell them. Just because a small group want them or those people think they are more healthy and they think it is good for the planet do things just "happen." You have to have numbers of people to want them and would financially support them.