View Single Post

Old 03-27-2015, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
There is no way you can compare the traffic on 441 to the network of streets within TV.

441 is a state road and you can drive to Ft. Lauderdale, if you chose to. It is a road of mainly three lanes of traffic in each direction with a large median. It has traffic lights in larger commercial and residential areas and long stretches of smooth sailing without any stops. It has many left and right hand turn lanes. The traffic moves and there is hardly ever a traffic jam.

With 30 and 35 mph (maximum) within TV, added to a multitude of circles, and 15 and 20 mph on some internal streets, movement will always be pretty much at a snail's pace.

Morse and Buena could have been designed similarly to the roadway part of 441, but they weren't. Our circles are beautiful, but so are the 4 corners of 466 and 466a, which no one ever seems to mention. IMO, we have too many circles which prevents a smooth flow of traffic. We won't talk about what it does to your tires and gas consumption.

Sorry, but you can't compare 441 and our streets in the same breath.
Well, I don't ever see a real backup at any of the circles unless there has been an accident or some type of roadwork. They seem to work quite well considering how many accidents we have at the traffic lights.

As for gas consumption, I assure you, that putting in stop signs or traffic lights would increase gas consumption not decrease it. I don't know about the increased wear on tires, but that is a possibility. Has someone documented the increased wear due to circles? Is the increase in wear enough to worry about considering that we would all be burning more gas if the circles were changed to traffic lights or stop signs?