View Single Post

Old 03-27-2015, 11:03 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
What do they do in Stonecrest, Steve?
There are a few houses that have TV antennas. A couple that actually have a tower in the back yard.

Today there are some high tech TV antennas that are not much larger then a satellite dish. I personally have not tryed one of these but I have talked with some people that have and they indicated they work very well.

Here are few things people may not know. Your cable company gets charged by the TV station for putting that free signal on the cable.

Cable companies are now allowed to scramble all their signals on the cable. In the near future just hooking up your TV to the cable will be a thing of the past. You will need a cable box even for the most basic cable services. Which means more revenue for the cable companies.

If you decide to use an antenna to receive tv, channel 2 is on the VHF band not the UHF band. You will also know when there is bad weather in the Orlando and Daytona areas because you will get lots of pixalation on the screen. Digital although gives you a nice picture has its draw backs. Just like any good idea there is also a negative side.

I have my antennas in my attic. I get NBC, CBS, and FOX shooting to the South East. I pick up ABC shooting towards Ocala. Its amazing as sometimes Tampa actually comes in quite strong.

There are also lots of new independed channels that ride the digital signals from these main networks. Since the signal can have many subchannels like 2.1, 2.2, 2.3...etc etc. There are old movie channels and lots of new stuff. Some you see on the cable some you do not.

It is very interesting what is out there to watch, for free!