View Single Post

Old 03-27-2015, 06:21 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villager View Post
Dr. Mitchell at Tri County is also an excellent shoulder doc. That's their "shoulder guy" per the front office gals.
I had a partial tear, tendonitis and excruciating pain in my shoulder. I went to Dr Mitchell at Tri County and he said I needed surgery right away. Dr Mitchell was very nice and explained everything on the side of immediate surgery. I wanted a second opinion and asked around about a teaching practice. I went to see Dr Mark Frankel at FLorida Orthopaedic Institute north of Tampa, part of Univ. of Cemtral Florida. Dr Frankel and his Fellows opted for a cortisone injection and physical therapy and said that I could always choose surgery if the cortisone and physical therapy did not work. Dr Frankel explained that 50% of people my age (prime Villages age) have torn rotator cuff tears. Considering the pain and the length of the recuperation after shoulder surgery, doing without surgery immediately suit me fine. Google Dr Mark Frankel and read about him. Very experienced, very thorough and not eager to cut. ANd his specialty is shoulders and elbows. No need to go into Tampa. It's north of Tampa at 13020 N. Telecom Pkwy. It's 55 minutes from our door in Sunset Pointe to Dr Frankels office. If you get there early, you are taken early. And Dr Frankel has all the time in the world to talk to you and explain it all. If you are interested, the phone number is 813-978-9700. I was very happy and have not once wondered if I did the right thing.