Thread: Tunnel Walkers
View Single Post

Old 03-27-2015, 07:45 PM

Here's my thought on the matter of walking in a tunnel . . . If I knew I would be walking in the tunnel in advance, I'd bring a flashlight with me. Upon hearing entering traffic, I'd point the flashlight kinda up toward my face/body so the others could see me, a real live person in the tunnel.

Funny story: One time, I was riding my bike in the tunnel after 11 pm (no golfcart traffic around) and pedaled like a maniac to get up the speed for exiting out of the tunnel and UP the ramp. Well, I cut it short on the left hand side coming out and turned my front tire right into one of those rubber bumpers/reflectors nailed into the middle of the road. Might I add, I never saw it coming. I was ejected off my bike to the left hand side, hip and elbow hitting the ground first, my bike flew past me. Of course, nobody was around to see this comedy so I just laid there, snickering, cursing obscenities at myself, and assessing the damage. Long story short, I was able to ride the rest of the way home but the bruise on my hip was the ugliest looking thing I have ever seen. Two months later it was still visible. I was wearing a helmet but my head never hit the ground.

Moral of the story: Be careful in a tunnel, everybody! And watch out for people like me. Hahaha.