Thread: 7,000 animals?
View Single Post

Old 03-28-2015, 02:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
VPL, you've often made a point of saying that you are a healthy Vegan that follows a plant-based lifestyle. That's my only point.
I don't care how much salmon you eat or if you eat at Arbys! Go ahead, knock yourself out.

I've enjoyed hearing some of the valid points raised by Jimbo, B767drvr, and others.
Personally, I haven't eaten beef in ten years and I've given up eating pork.
I'm having a problem giving up chicken and fish - I wish I could become a Vegetarian cold turkey, no pun intended.
I seem to be able to move toward being a Vegetarian only by taking baby steps - obviously a lack of will power.
My reasons have nothing to do with health, and everything to do with being an animal lover.
I consider myself healthy now, and take no meds. I'm quite sure there are many healthy meat eaters that fit into that category.

I'd like to hear the thoughts of CFrance. I think I read that she was a Vegetarian at one time.
I agree with part of what several people have said. I don't eat things that walk on four legs, and I rarely eat things made with wheat (maybe twice a month). I don't even eat chicken more than a few times a year. But I've never been a vegan and don't have any plans to go that way. I love eggs and cheese and dairy.

I stopped eating meat because I got tired of digging it out of my teeth, and I don't care all that much for the taste anyway. I'm sorry that animals are killed for food. That's why I spoil my pets. But I don't believe in proselytizing about food. There are too many other things that need fixing in life. Human rights and that sort of thing.