Thread: 7,000 animals?
View Single Post

Old 03-28-2015, 02:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
VPL, you've often made a point of saying that you are a healthy Vegan that follows a plant-based lifestyle. That's my only point.
I don't care how much salmon you eat or if you eat at Arbys! Go ahead, knock yourself out.

I've enjoyed hearing some of the valid points raised by Jimbo, B767drvr, and others.
Personally, I haven't eaten beef in ten years and I've given up eating pork.
I'm having a problem giving up chicken and fish - I wish I could become a Vegetarian cold turkey, no pun intended.
I seem to be able to move toward being a Vegetarian only by taking baby steps - obviously a lack of will power.
My reasons have nothing to do with health, and everything to do with being an animal lover.
I consider myself healthy now, and take no meds. I'm quite sure there are many healthy meat eaters that fit into that category.

I'd like to hear the thoughts of CFrance. I think I read that she was a Vegetarian at one time.
No one ever said there are no healthy meat eaters. It's just that veganism is thought to reduce the risk of acquiring degenerative diseases.

Also, a healthy diet isn't just about whether or not a person eats meat. Both vegans and meat eaters can be unhealthy by consuming lots of junk food.

It's all about reducing risk in the short term and long term too. (Don't forget the long term.)