View Single Post

Old 03-28-2015, 06:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrycomfort1 View Post
We are thinking of moving to The Villages this summer. I still work, while my husband is retired. I'd like to know how difficult it is to find work, either full or part time in and around the Villages. I've been working for the last 8 years in a middle school, but I am ready for a change. I've done office work, etc, previously and really would prefer to work in that sort of environment again, or service type work. I've been on the Villages Community Jobs website and have actually applied for a few jobs through that site. My question is, would it be better to wait until we've made the move, gotten settled and then look, or are the jobs listed on the website real job listings?
I would wait until your settled if the budget will allow. That way you'll have your full concentration on your new job. I see a moderate amount of clerical jobs here. Normally on any given day there are two or so in the classifieds of the Daily Sun. Be careful of applying for anything on Craig's list. There are lots of fake jobs on there. Try Job Search | one search. all jobs. Indeed.com for your search. You can search by your new zip code and skills and many jobs in this area will appear. The pay is lower here for sure for clerical work. I was able to get $10.00 an hour and was told that I was lucky. I was earning twice that up North. Good luck and welcome to the Villages.