Thread: The Sharon
View Single Post

Old 03-28-2015, 08:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I'm a big fan of this developer, but I think that this is possibly the worst move hey've ever made. There is not enough parking around Spanish Springs Town Square as it is. How do they expect to have parking for the 1,000 or so additional people that are going to attend these events.

Rumors are out there that they are going to cancel the live entertainment on the square on the night of events in the Morse Center. if that happens I see massive protests.

I say tear it down and increase the parking areas.

I'm also disappointed that they didn't build a much bigger venue in another location so that they might attract some real big names. I'd love to see Eric Clapton or James Taylor come here. Ringo and his All Starrs also play in 10,000 seat venues.

Patti Lupone?? Really? I wouldn't go to see her for free.

Like I said, I'm a big fan of the developer. I think that what they have done here is nothing short of miraculous, but I think that they blew it on this one.
Sort of reminds me of the old commercial I hated. The lady gets a new Wittnauer watch and remarks "I was really hoping for a Longine's". The new center is a dramatic upgrade from the Savannah center and will provide for more elaborate productions and more comfortable seating and better sound quality. It is golf cart accessible which will help with parking and they certainly could add a valet option to help as well. And it was paid for by the Morse family. I consider it a gift to the residents and the recognition that the Savannah center, while fine when the community was much smaller, is no longer adequate.

Acts such as you describe will always choose Orlando where they can book more shows over multiple days and still fill a large venue when they come to Central Florida.

Sorry you're disappointed. Might want to wait and see what is presented there.