Thread: The Sharon
View Single Post

Old 03-29-2015, 08:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
I'm with Boogie on the parking issue and the venue being too small. Once upon a time there was talk of building a true regional arts center. This was squashed when the Morses announced plans to renovate the Church on the Squares. I believe this was a great disservice to us all.

The prices seem to be over valued. $150 for Patty L??? $150 for Springsteen, yes; for the Stones, yeppers. But not even for Meat Loaf would I pay that amount and my all-time favorite song is Paradise by the Dashboard Lights. We obviously won't be getting the Bolshoi or the Kirov but the Moscow Company is third-rate at best. Here's hoping the price reflects the talent. A philharmonic from Northern Poland? Really? The Pirates of Penzance? That was old when I was a kid.

Now that I've done my complaining, I have no doubt I will attend some events here. Even a third-rate ballet company is better than none, especially if performing a ballet I dearly love such as Cinderella. Patty L, no. Crystal Gayle, maybe. The interior does look lovely and the sound system is supposed to be superb. So, looking forward to some events and hope to see some of you there.
The only thing I'd be vaguely interested in would be the Million Dollar Quartet, but as you say, not for that kind of money. Other than that I see a few third rate orchestras, a bunch of washed up stars, and some impersonators ripping off the public with big names.

But I do agree, The interior of the building looks fantastic and from what I understand the whole thing is state of the art. The sound system is supposedly phenomenal.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.