Thread: The Sharon
View Single Post

Old 03-29-2015, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I guess some of us complain because we think that it could be so much better.

I love The Villages. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. I think that the developer has done a magnificent job is almost every aspect of lie here. The one place that I'd say they are weak is in entertainment. I'm sick and tired of seeing DJs and people singing to tracks in the squares. By my definition, that is not live entertainment. It's people playing recordings.

They bring a lot of old washed up entertainers into the Savannah and charge exorbitant prices to see them. The reason for that is that the venue is too small. The Sharon with all of it's state of the art technology is only 150-200 seats larger. This, in my opinion was a big mistake. They should have build a much larger facility in an area that wouldn't inconvenient so many residents who choose not to attend a particular show. A larger venue would have allowed them to bring in people like Springsteen and others that have been mentioned here. It also would have kept the costs reasonable for a lot of the second and third rate entertainers they bring in.

As far as the parking working itself out, I have no idea how that is supposed Sorry, but you'd still have a huge problem. First of all, people in The Villages go home and go to bed at 9:00. I play at events that are scheduled from 5-9 and half the people are rushing out at 8:00. Take a look at the squares most nights. Half the people never hear the fourth set.

Even if you did sell out events that start at 9:00, people don't arrive at 9:00 for a 9:00 show. People come to the area early, have dinner and go to the show at nine.

Parking is going to be a major problem. It's not going to work itself out. It's already a problem when there is market night and Rocky and The Rollers are playing, people are in Gator's Dockside and Margarita Republic watching football and a popular movie is playing at the theater. People are going to be parking a quarter of a mile away.

As luckylilly says, multi level parking garage would make a lot of sense. But I don't see that as The Villages style. It would be unsightly. But then again, the huge orange wall on the west side of Town Square is not the prettiest thing I've ever seen.
Again, tons of parking available.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	385.5 KB
ID:	49646