Thread: The Sharon
View Single Post

Old 03-29-2015, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
my problem is that i want more than third-rate or beginning ballet companies and we could have had that had the morses kept their word and assisted in building a true performing arts center with seating for over 2,000. I'm sorry but i don't consider out-of-date musicals, performers who were in their prime 30+ years ago, etc. The type of entertainment "an area with a population of over 125,000 deserves."

we're a reasonable driving distance from both tampa and orlando. We could have easily drawn some of our audience from there. Given what we have, the bookings could be better -- the miami ballet company has a better rep than the moscow festival. I'm just disappointed with the entertainment selections made so far. If this is the type of "cultural attraction we've been starved for for years," we have a big problem cause we're going to be paying a premium for mediocrity at best.

Yes, i'm spoiled. I came from a metropolitan area with great concerts and cultural events. But i also enjoyed the venue at the concord pavilion, which was a very small venue, where we enjoyed great jazz, light opera, rock/pop concerts from those not quite in their prime but not total has-beens, either.

Hopefully, they will improve with time but only if we let them know we're willing to pay for good entertainment, not mediocre. Sadly, i doubt this will happen. People will pay through the nose just to have something here. Those of us who care about quality will be considered naysayers, whiners, complainers. So be it.

The parking is a wait and see type of thing, so i'll be quiet about it. The list of entertainment is out and it is pretty sad for the prices being asked so far.
well said red!!!