Old 03-30-2015, 08:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stdole View Post
Doc... your choice of entertainment I would not walk across the street to
see or hear.. You mentioned "Washed Up Entertainers" are you kidding
me some of those you mentioned, many have never heard of... how about
some "Culture" Doc... So far from your posts NONE mentioned.

You mentioned 'Tear it down" Why ?? have you heard it is about to open?

I know you are not serious and really you sound like you have a serious
problem with the Developer in disguise .
We all have different tastes in entertainment. I'd be surprised if anyone had not heard of some of the people that I had mentioned. My point is that with a 1,000 seat venue we're not going to be able to book acts that are filling 10,000 seat venues.
Not that they would go over here, but we'd never get people at the level of Blake Shelton, Kelly Clarkson, John Legend or Taylor Swift. And I'm not suggesting them specifically, I'm just talking about people at that level in entertainment. How about Michael Buble or Adele. Do you think they're going to play a 1,000 seat venue.

Some of the people I mentioned are still filling huge venues even though they've been around for a long time.

As far as culture, I guess to some people that only means classical music and ballet. Do you think that we're going to get the American Ballet Company, or The Bolshoi to perform for 1,000 people? If we did tickets would be $1,000 each. How about the London Symphony Orchestra or the Berlin Philharmonic? We have no chance of getting the top of the classical world with a 1,000 seat venue. The Chamber Orchestra of Europe or the European Youth Orchestra?

And I do believe that I mentioned Andrea Bocelli. Do you think that he's going to play a 1,000 seat venue? Again, maybe if ticket prices are at $1,000 per seat.

How about some Cirque du Soleil shows? I doubt it.

I'd love to see The Trans Siberian Orchestra or Manheim Steamroller at Christmastime.

As someone mentioned, Orlando is an hour away and if we want to see these types of A-list artists, we'll have to keep driving an hour.

And of course I wasn't serious when I said "tear it down". It's here. They built it and we're stuck with it. In my humble opinion they should have built a much larger venue in an area where the infrastructure would be able to handle it.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.