View Single Post

Old 03-30-2015, 10:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,358 Times in 2,393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
It was all just a big PR fabrication. Remember the USF Health survey that was supposed to be "proof" that we were "America's Healthiest Hometown"? Well, no, it didn't prove any such thing, so forget about it.

All the while they were calling the Villages, "America's Healthiest Hometown", Sumter was only the 20th healthiest county in the state as of 2010 and slowly moving up because we were importing healthier residents from other states. In other words, the Villages was growing fast and the new residents were healthier than the general population that existed (overall) in the county.

You can read about it on the front page of today's Daily Sun (March 30, 2015) Sumter county is now ranked 7th for overall health factors. Do they list the counties that beat us? No! Do they congratulate the winner? No! Was there any mention of how we might learn from the counties that did better than Sumter? No!

Instead, The Villages is busy taking credit for Sumter county having moved up to seventh place, and it's all positive spin control.

If we are only 7th in Florida, where are we nationally?

Was there any mention of how the rankings were achieved? Not as far as I can tell. I'll see if I can find out more. The article stated: "2015 national County Health Rankings analysis published by the University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute." Perhaps someone might find it and provide a link.
Didn't you start a previous thread on this topic??
BTW who really cares??