View Single Post

Old 03-30-2015, 05:23 PM
Sage

Stepping in to give my slant on TVRH. I had surgery (emergency too) here 4 years ago and had a very positive experience (as far as one can have with a health-crisis). Fast forward to this Spring. My husband collapsed twice two and a half weeks apart. He was taken to Leesburg the first time...the care was good there, then the 2nd time he was taken to TVRH. ALL hospitals this time of year are busy I might add so the ER's will be slammed as will the floor once a person gets there. At any rate, we can't tell you how appreciative for the care he got from the EMT's, the ER people and the people who cared for him for a week on the floor. He had a stroke, I might add, that LH didn't pick up on but TVRH did and he got the exponential care needed for that. Patients are triaged in the ER with worse to less worse of care-needs. THEN they need a room to clear in the ER (I'm talking about if you're lying on a bed in the hallway), then if admitted they need the beds to clear (open up) up on the floor. I've heard the same stories we read and hear about here in T.V., in other parts of the country as well. I am thankful for how my husband was treated and that he's well on his way to recovery.