View Single Post

Old 03-30-2015, 05:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figuringitout View Post
I disagree, I have witnessed seat saver rage. I understand people wanting to guarantee a seat but there are no guarantees here for anything only that you may or may not get a spot at any of the events. We were at Spanish Springs one night last week, and a man that was with the line dancers was racing around tying plastic bags on chairs, two chairs in front of us was empty the whole time we were there. That is so rude and selfish, many people that come up to the square need a place to sit due to their health issues and I think it is awful that chairs are held and not even used. If people want guarantees they need to go to the square early just like you have to for everything else here. I do not get out raged about it but it is a selfish move. Many people here feel they are special.
What's to stop someone from tying off all the chairs and thereby taking control over who gets one or not?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.