View Single Post

Old 03-31-2015, 05:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bholland007 View Post
I am so over Leon's Lawn Service.....when they had very few customers to service, they promised you the world. But now they say they do not need you as a customer if you complain about there awful service. Do not use them no matter what, lawn service people are a dime a dozen, but still looking for the right one.

We cut out own grass when we lived up North, but many neighbors did not. It cost them a LOT of money. Here the typical bill for grass cutting is about fifty bucks a month, but that includes the dormant season for a year contract. I think that a huge bargain compared to the weekly fee of about that my neighbors paid to have grass cut in Ohio.

We have had two lawn services, one when we lived in Hadley and one in this house. It is wise for new residents to talk to their neighbors to see what they like and to hire someone who is already vetted.

We have chosen the residential part of Mike's Maintenance, the one that services the common area of The Villages. Their company came with The Morses from Michigan back when. As they told us when we booked, if we had a problem to report it. They are depending on new help a lot, it is hard to keep these enterprising young men and women, they decide to open their own business. If something was missed or done badly call the office and tell them. If you want your weeds PULLED, expect to pay a lot for it, it is backbreaking work. I know, I pull ours and Sweetie does too. Keep your pine straw thick.. If you want your bushes trimmed, that is extra, but easy to do, even for this old person.

Good luck. Remember what you pay is a bargain. Ask your neighbors first.

Last edited by graciegirl; 03-31-2015 at 06:22 AM.