View Single Post

Old 03-31-2015, 04:42 PM
Platinum member
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
The previous thread got closed after lots of people gave misinformation about the slogan "America's Healthiest Hometown".

No, it's not just a marketing slogan. USF Health did a "scientific" survey. Remember the survey? Then we were compared with other similar communities around the country and based on that survey they determined that we are America's Healthiest Hometown. Supposedly, it had nothing to do with marketing. It had to do with The Villages/USF Health alliance and a Villages pilot project to learn how to deliver better healthcare . Its a project for which they received lots of federal grant money and they will likely continue to receive grant money in the future. There's another "scientific" survey coming up later this year and it will be paid for with federal grant money as well. It's an ongoing project.

The problem is: It was a scam and not scientific, as you now know, because we are only ranked 7th for health factors and 27th for health outcomes in Florida. If we are not even the healthiest in Florida, one can only imagine how we rank nationally.
I have followed the closed post and this one and I still do not understand the purpose of the original posting. What is the point to be made here? Just bashing TV? Has the OP feel they have been decieved? In my not so humble opinion, the posting is just a waste of time and should be closed again.