View Single Post

Old 02-01-2008, 04:55 PM
Default Re: EVERYBODY SEEMS TO LOVE THE VILLAGES, i WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HATE BES

No, I read the question correctly. I think my answer went away from popular opinion is all. Let me break the lifestyle down into two categories -- social and homestead.

Social: Most of you describe the lifestyle in a Disney World way. I like Disney, but I wouldn't want it on a day-to-day basis. When I sit on my back porch, I don't want to hear every other back porch conversation. I like quiet, private time in and out of the house.

Homestead: Contrary to popular thinking there, the homes are not very well built. Now I realize that in a warm State without the snow, etc., there need not be the kind of insulation and other hard weather design. But these houses will fall down in the rain. I exaggerate a bit but not much.

Also, riding around on public roads in a golf cart is not my idea of peaceful living. I love to play golf, but executive courses are not what I enjoy most. The management company or in some cases builders who control TV treat the residents like children to be managed instead of homeowners requiring them to meet the needs of keeping the property.

There are other things I could mention, but I think I have expanded on my one word description more than I should have.

I am not saying it's not just fine for some folks, just not to my idea of retirement.