View Single Post

Old 04-01-2015, 07:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
I wonder if those advising it's not necessary will also step up to the plate to cover any damage the termites that won't happen will cause. Do what is in your gut. I had termites in my attic space in North Carolina. No sign of tubes on the exterior. Also had them in the 2nd story of my Jacksonville Fla home (was maybe 8 years old). Small price to pay for peace of mind.
Good information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuccillo View Post
I would not put termite insurance, pest control, and heartworm for dogs in the same category. You absolutely need to give your dog heartworm pills, the others are optional. If your dog contracts heartworm, he/she is in for a difficult treatment.
Yes, Heartworm is mandatory for dogs. Thanks for emphasizing that, I agree.
The reason I put it in the same category as termite insurance and pest control, is that contractors will tell you disaster awaits you if you don't have termite insurance and if you don't do pest control on a regular basis.
I'm not sure about termites and other pests, but I sure wouldn't skip heartworm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
Ok then. I don't have a person to do that for me consistently and was getting bugs, ants and spiders in my house and my grass was dying and had to be replaced once already. I am willing to pay for no bugs, green grass and no termites. I guess we all choose what we are willing to pay for.
And many residents are seasonal so we need someone to fight the bugs on our behalf.