View Single Post

Old 04-02-2015, 05:52 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti105 View Post
Two very different opinion presented here.

My take, like everyone else's, does not really matter. People will do as they choose.

There are no laws regarding lap children in golf carts. No laws regarding seat belts. So, I try to mind my own business. It is not always easy to do.

I am a RN and a certified Car Seat Safety Tech. I am trained to determine the best car seat for a child based on his/her age, the type of car and the budget of the parents. So it is hard for me to keep my mouth shut when I see parents, grandparents who are not restraining their kids properly in a motor vehicle.

But Golf Carts are not Motor Vehicles. There are no laws governing safe transport of kids in golf carts. Common sense must be used.

Is it always? Hell no!! But, I will not get into an argument or start lecturing regarding how to best transport a child in a golf cart. There is no basis for such a lecture or argument.

Do you honestly think voicing your opinion will make a difference? It won't.

Some people will put seat belts in their carts for their grandkids. Some will let them climb around unrestrained. Good luck in changing their minds.

It is hard enough to get parents and grandparents to use the proper Child Safety Seats in their motor vehicles. We are light years from any laws regarding golf carts.
Couldn't have said it any better. Hopefully, you made a few minds think!!!