View Single Post

Old 04-02-2015, 04:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnGirl View Post
Sorry about the mistake about the time Boogie, but I just can't figure out when villagers know it's going to be crowded, people don't bring a camp style chair. Not trying to be mean, but if there was a body in every chair would that make you feel better. When I go to the square, and I know there is going to be a large crowd I bring my own chair, set it where I want and then check out the venders. That may not suit everyone either, but I'm not using a Village property chair. I did like the idea to have two well liked bands on the same night.
Yes, it would absolutely make me feel better if there was a body in every chair. If someone wants to sit there for two or three hours to make sure that they have a seat, that fine. But people are going there at 2:30 or 3:00 in the afternoon, tying off their seats and then going to dinner or going about their day. If I arrive before them the seat should be available. Not only that but one person is going over as soon as the chairs are set up and tying off multiple chairs. sometimes they might tie up 25-30 chairs for people who just show up at 5:00 or later. Why should those people be entitled to a seat before someone that is there before them?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.