Thread: City Furniture
View Single Post

Old 04-02-2015, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnschuler View Post
We all need to take heed when someone has bad reviews about a business in the villages. I heard bad things about City Furniture from a neighbor and didn't think about it much because I didn't need to buy anything at the time. Well we were looking for a tv stand and happened into City Furniture at Spanish Springs. We picked out a stand and Kelly was fast to take our money and sign papers stating we had three days to cancel and they would call with delivery times. That was March 22, 2015. My delivery information states: April 2nd, 2015...."we contact all customers to confirm their delivery time. We will call you around 7:45 am on the morning of your delivery to confirm and provide you with an estimated 3 hour delivery window. Our service technicians will then contact you 15-30 minutes prior to arrival". As you can see it is now 9:39 am and I have not received a call yet. I have been trying to call customer service 954-718-3344 since 9:00 am and the recording will not transfer me to anyone. I left it on till just before I sat down to write this and she is still repeating herself. I believe there is so much business here in the villages that some feel they do not need repeat business. I will not buy from City Furniture again and I will tell anyone who will listen my story. If you can not provide the service don't put it in writing on the sales receipt. If they would have told me to stay home all day and wait till they knocked on my door I could have made a decision as to wheather I wanted to do that. As it is,here I sit not knowing when they will even call. Thanks for listening.
I agree with your statement that there is so much business in the Villages that some don't need to make an effort. We had a lack luster salesperson at a recommended flooring store. There was only one tile that she could/would show us...no need to discuss further. I told my husband forget it. It's rare to find service people that treat each sale like it truly does matter.

We browsed around City Furniture...will think twice now. Sorry for your aggravation. Ugh!