Thread: The Sharon
View Single Post

Old 04-02-2015, 10:21 PM
Veteran member

I have gone to the Straz in Tampa, paid $100 for a seat way up in the nosebleed section and been disappointed. And We drove 2 hours to get there in very heavy traffic. I think the eclectic line up for The Sharon is exciting and within our means if it is something you want to see. They stated the first few years would determine the wants and price points of their patrons. I would love to see a philharmonic orchestra there as the acoustics are supposed to be so wonderful but that's just my taste. There appears to be something for everyone. we would never have a chance to get some of the big names mentioned on this forum with a population of only 125k. Springsteen, Mannheim, Stones. You kidding me? you can make a lovely weekend trip to go see these in cities with a population of a million people. That's what it takes to support that level and price range. Get real. I can agree that parking will be a challenge, especially for some of our less agile residents and I am sure they will work the out with shuttles, etc. give it a chance before you diss it. Thanks you Morse family. BTW. What are you planning to name for Gary? He did so much for us and I still feel the loss.