View Single Post

Old 02-02-2008, 01:49 PM
Sage
Default Re: Fairfield Farms Nursuries & Landscaping?

Prizmz.... we used Fairfield and were happy with the results; Per unit of plant/tree installed they were more expensive than other quotes we got, but, our designer (Wendy) came up with a very creative and somewhat unique plan (included a nice flagstone walkway through the front landscaped area). We nixed a lighting package she suggested and tweaked a few other things. She did not 'overplan' and when they were done, I thought it looked a little skimpy....she said...don't worry, it'll fill-in in no time and she was right...within 2 months the coverage looked just right. The other company had way too many plants.

There was a 10% coupon in our 'newcomers' guide for Fairfield and we didn't have an overly elaborate package, so, our investment was less than $3K.

One good thing about Fairfield is that you pick out your own palms and other major trees...most other landscapers just bring it in on a truck and you get what you get.

I, too, thought their warranty was a bit light....but, we're almost to the end of our year and everything has done fine. I think the quality of their products is higher than many other companies. Note...they do not do curbing, so, you'd have to get another vendor to do that.