Thread: Katie Belle's
View Single Post

Old 04-03-2015, 09:17 AM
Sage
Default Katie Belle's

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring_chicken View Post
Not sure how you got "selfish" out of that. Any smart business man would walk away from a losing proposition, just like Morse would if he wasn't making money on this.

One of my favorite capitalists is S. Truett Cathy. Most who eat at his restaurant don't even know his name. They like the product, and they buy. They don't bow down and say "look what this wonderful man did for us out of the kindness of his heart!"
You're right...capitalism doesn't have to have selfless motives to succeed. But many villagers see TV as a venture by the developer that sincerely considers the wants and needs of the residents...as well as their own. To refer to those villagers with such terms as "blind sheep" and "bow down" belittles both the developer and those villagers who don't share your opinion.
I don't think most people who are happy here say "look what this wonderful man did for us out of the kindness of his heart!". I think they simply believe he is a good developer...who makes a lot of money for that very reason.