View Single Post

Old 04-03-2015, 10:59 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,687 Times in 1,784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALYBOW View Post
I think it might be easier for a man than a woman, since they say the ratio of single women to men is 19-1. I have a friend who is attractive, funny, fun to be with but she cannot seem to find a niche in TV. I am hoping to help her because I dread losing her as a friend. Any pointers I could give her?
IMHO it takes at least a year to adjust to living in a new area. The important thing is to get out and meet people and make some new friends. That is difficult but having moved several times during my lifetime i have found it must be done. In TV it is far easier than in most communities. In my time there I connected with far more folks than I could have in most places.

A 19-1 f/m ratio seems way over the top to me. Based on the time I have spent in TV it might be 5-3 at most. Women tend to get out more and go places with groups of their friends so it may appear there are far more women than men but the census results show otherwise. Of course women statistically outlive men so that does have a bearing on the f/m ratio as one ages.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 04-18-2015 at 11:06 AM.