Thread: The Sharon
View Single Post

Old 04-03-2015, 11:45 PM
Gold member

Very interesting thread here. It certainly seems that people are opposed or disappointed in the "Sharon" for several reasons.

Let's see:
1. Parking/ not enough
2. Too few seats in the "Sharon"
3. Ticket prices too high

We all have our own opinions and certainly our own taste in entertainment, as well as our own "price cap". They will never make everyone happy. PERIOD!!

My own thoughts:
1. I love the 1,000 seat size, a more intimate venue with excellent acoustics. No nosebleed seats with lousy sound quality found in a basket ball arena.

2. First class venue. I personally felt that the Savannah Center was an embarrassment.
We have seen good shows there. But the folding chairs and jammed rows were shocking to us.

3. This is not a venue that "everyone" will use, or want to use. Many people prefer to go to free entertainment, watch movies when released for home viewing, or are not interested in theatre, symphony or headline acts.

The "Sharon" will prove to be an asset to The Villages. A higher caliber entertainment option than what is available now. That is a good thing.

"Katie Belle's" and "The Cattle Baron" did not meet everyone's dining and entertainment needs. If they did, they would not be losing $$ and under going renovation. Neither will the "Sharon". Those who go will love it and those who don't will find fault.

Nothing new, same thing we see with all human nature.