View Single Post

Old 04-04-2015, 10:05 AM
Veteran member

While I was visiting in Lancaster, PA last year with my dogs I went to a very interesting dog park. They had artificial turf instead of grass. At first I thought it was weird and not a great idea, but then after talking to some of the regulars there they explained that it never gets hot, is easy to scoop the poop off of it, cleans itself after a rain, never gets muddy or stays soggy for long and is a truly wonderful surface for dogs. The city found that in the long run it's a money saver because of maintenance issues (never needs cutting, etc). I have never encountered that before but we liked it and it wasn't slippery and slick as I feared for my super fast hounds. I wonder why no other parks have considered this. It would take care of areas that have a mud problem like one of our dog parks here has.