Thread: The Sharon
View Single Post

Old 04-04-2015, 10:25 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
I have no objection to their lineup. For the venue size, it is okay. What I object to is the prices. They are too high for the talent offered.

Personally, I would love to see the Miami Ballet over the Moscow Festival. Our philharmonic rather than one from northern Poland. Some blues men. John Mayall plays small venues and is still pretty darn good. Most jazz players play small venues. Some great caberet singers. I think most performers would rather play in something like the The Sharon rather than a supper club where they have to compete with dish clattering.

Some performers that come to my mind that probably would play here would be Diana Shur, Lou Reed, Cowboy Junkies, Indigo Girls, Weslia Whitfield, John Mayall. We're not going to see the likes of The Stones, Mannheim, ABT, Philadelphia Philharmonic, BB King. So, who is on your list of performers who would truly play in such a small venue (please try to be realistic).
I would like to see some of the performances that they have at the Savanah Center held at the Sharon. I have stayed away from Savanah because the seating was not great. The floor seats were hard to see from if you are a short person and the balcony was too far away and not comfortable. Hoping the Sharon has solved those problems. I will pay a little more to be comfortable.