View Single Post

Old 02-03-2008, 06:17 AM
Default Re: Dilemma - Perfect House But Not Ready to Buy

Hi...I was a realtor for over 30 years (retired) and my opinion is that it is never possible
to "predict he lowest possible bottom" of the market (the stock market or the real estate market). The market is now lower than it has been in many many years. If the house and the location are great and you have looked at all the other possibilies, and the price seem reasonable for today's market (and you have the comps that suggest that you are getting a good price), then it would seem a reasonable thing to do, if you can carry it and if your house wherever you are coming from is sold. If it is not sold, I would sell your own house first. At the very least, if your house is not sold, put in a "contingency offer" on the sale of your house. In this market, seller's are more willing to take a contingency offer that allows a reaonable time in which to sell your house. If your house doesn't sell within the set period of time that the contract allows, then you will get your deposit back and you will be allowed out of the contract. Hope this helps with your decision. Whatever, it is, I'm sure you will be very "happy" with the decision to move to the Villages....A great place to retire!