View Single Post

Old 04-05-2015, 04:08 AM
Soaring Eagle member

[quote=gomoho;1040032]I choose to give The Villagers the benefit of the doubt - that they're so naïve as you say as feel more comfortable to have protection against things out of their control. Also in their retirement years, they choose to pay someone to take care of these things because they have worked hard all these years and now wish to sit back and relax.

Providing information for those that aren't familiar with their new environment is great. My problem is when it is done in a condescending manner.[/quote]

Please tell me exactly what you find that is condescending?

When we first moved here, just about everyone we talked to, even casually, brought up that we had better get a termite contract. That we better have a pest control contract. That we need to have a lawn service company that offered everything from soup to nuts so that we were completely covered.

What garbage!

My husband was raised in southwest Florida since he was five. I originally moved to south Florida in 1983. Neither of us is "new" to Florida and neither of us -- separately or since we've been married, have ever had any of these contracts and we've never had a problem, with one exception. When it happened, the situation was taken care of by a professional in one visit, not a one year's contract!

We do not have any of these services. If and when we have an issue, we will take care of it. We do not believe in the indiscriminate use of pesticides which is rampant here in TV.

I ask you again . . . what is it that you find to be condescending???