Old 04-05-2015, 10:50 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,312 Times in 545 Posts
Default I agree 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
And the usual crew support negativity.

I have played with the same pitching wedge for twenty years. It and I have stayed together. Someone loses their pitching wedge and it is the people here who are to blame??? We will never know if it is found, but I bet it will be.

Because it isn't The Villages only, it is the game of golf and the age of most of us. YES there are dishonest thieves among us. But who on God's green earth would want a pitching wedge enough to not return it? I don't know anyone. I don't know anyone who wouldn't return it if it were found by them. Thank God.
I agree---just don't know anyone who wouldn't return a club if found by them. Once on the last day of a golf trip, I left an eight iron on the eighteen hole. The course mailed it to me at no charge from Myrtle Beach.

The first thing I do is put my name, address and phone # on a new club or clubs. A couple of times I found a "strange" club in my bag---my playing partners! Like I said---I found Golfers to be some of the very best people in this old world. OP, good luck and keep swinging.