View Single Post

Old 04-06-2015, 08:39 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Since are getting no accomplishments from the Team Party.

The Obama Administration has been so bad for the country, so I thought I would link his accomplishments.

A List of 289 Accomplishments by President Obama so far… With Citations | The PCTC Blog

Enjoy the read
It is always good to have a list of "accomplishments.
I am sure this will ONLY be taken the wrong way, however there are two (or more) aspects to an accomplishment.

One, an accomplishment could be sufficient for some that something was sign, initiated, implented or changed. The act itself is viwed as an accomplishment. That is fine of and by itself.

Other considerations, and many of us are in this camp (matters not whether dem or republican or a what ever). What were the results? Success or failure as measured by what? I am sure here again I will be picking the wrong example, however here goes. It may have been an accomplishment to pull the troops out of Iraq. If that in and of itself was the goal regardless of consequence, then to some, it is indeed an accomplishment. For others any and all accomplishments should be tied to or measured in some way to consequences of an action (good or bad). Iraq as it turns out it was premature to completely withdraw allowing ISIS to evolve from junior varsity status to full blown terrorst threat with more capability and horror to any predecessor.

With that lengthy example, there are very many on the list provided that one would have to know more than just an initiating action to assess whether the intended benefit was ever realized. Or that there was an unintended result of precipitating ISIS terror advance across Iraq.

I for one expect one to know the results of their actions. A measuring of the results to KNOW if the action was successful or on track. Hence allowing corrective action as required to assure the goals and objectives are met.

While Obama is merely the most recent of politiicans who do not measure and follow up on what they say they are going to do or promise....he does do more of it than most.

I am not asking anyone to change how they view the list. I am just highlighting how some of us trained and experienced in the analysis, conclude, plan, measure and take corrctive action view such a list. Repeating; the concept of which is not politically, or racial, religiously or gender based.