Thread: Katie Belle's
View Single Post

Old 04-06-2015, 10:28 AM
Platinum member
Default Wonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance View Post
It certainly was presented as an Amenity to those buying near it. Giving them a chance when they can not undo the renovation is wrong. They are taking away more than 50% of the square feet and 80% of the cubic feet, and 100% of the atmosphere.

These young billionaires should look at the bigger picture. Dont listen to the Accountants all the time. You three appeared very sincere in "The Sharon" presentation, make your parents proud.
How many people on here remember when the space occupied by Chico's now was a part of Katie Belle's? It was called Delmonico's Steak House. This same furor arose when that went away. If I remember correctly, Cattle Baron came into being and was private....you had to be a member.

Also, the reasoning behind eventually making KB private, as well, was because the residents could not get in because it was being patronized so heavily by people from surrounding areas. We came here when you had to go to Ocala or Leesburg for many, many things. SS was the only game...there was no LSL even, much less Brownwood.

The point is, there have been many changes over the years, and there will be many more in the future. If the Morses go away, so will this community's uniqueness. That's how I 'envision' it.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."