View Single Post

Old 04-07-2015, 04:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
Was it from a medical perspective or lifestyle/prevention perspective? I don't think I would be all that interested in the medical perspective, like what new treatments they're working on etc.. A cure is always just around the corner.

They often claim that getting tested for cancer = prevention. No, it's not prevention, it's detection. Many people live unhealthy lifestyles and wait for cancer to be detected. Living a healthy lifestyle lowers one's risk and that = prevention. That's my goal.

I have a 2014 book I will start reading tonight: "P53: The Gene That Cracked The Cancer Code". I hope it's interesting.

Anyway, what's the point of watching all those science shows on TV if the conclusion is that nothing matters, concerning one's liestyle? Maybe that's why so many people like those shows, they're told that science is going to develop a cure so they won't have to make any lifestyle changes. No effort required, just continue eating whatever pleases your taste.

So if Science did develop a cure so that one's lifestyle was not part of the equation, you would consider it a failure? I would absolutely change my diet to your extreme one if I thought it would guarantee me not getting cancer...... AND I would absolutely take a pill or get a shot if it would keep me from dying of something.

To me that proves an obsession with a certain diet. If something works, if a medicine makes it easier to stay healthy, if your blood pressure is controlled with a chemical, then you are helping yourself. The narrow path that you have chosen is not the only path to health in my opinion

I ask you again, if Science did develop a cure or a prevention for cancer, using chemicals or gene therapy that did NOT involve a change of life style, you would not be interested???????.