View Single Post

Old 04-07-2015, 04:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
I like the comment a previous poster made about the genetic cards you have been dealt and when I hear about protein aging you I have to look at Suzanne Sommers who is high on protein, fresh fruits and vegetables and is doing really, really well. She is not just a dumb blonde from a TV show or just another pretty face, but does lots of research and it seems to working well for her. Take everything with a grain of salt and do what works for you. I try to live a healthy life style, but I'll be damned if I will not have a delicious steak or a piece of chocolate so I can live a few more years to look back at all that I feel I missed. Just one person's opinion.
If I were still smoking and needed an excuse to continue smoking, I would look for elderly people who smoked until they were in their mid to late 90s. The woman who lived to be the oldest in the world (122+ years) smoked until she was 100. Does that mean it's not a lifestyle risk?

Science never goes by what happens to one or two or a handful of lucky people. They would compare tens of thousands of smokers with tens of thousands of non smokers.