View Single Post

Old 02-04-2008, 06:21 PM
Default Re: The correct way to drive in the round abouts

I Love TV, the only place in the world where we can make up our own driving laws!!!!!

Sorry but IF (to date the only place i have heard this is heresay on TOTV) the police say to stay right, surely this would be in writing in the local press or similar to inform everyone of the local changes to the driving laws, especially those who know how to drive correctly.
If anyone has ever seen this in official print please let us all know where! as i am sure any of us would hate to have to go to court with the defense "I read on an internet forum that somebody said somebody heard that the Police said to keep to the right on TV roundabouts"

It also makes me wonder that if this is true and driving rules are different in TV then should we not have signs posted on entry to advise visitors e.g. "You are now entering The Villages normal driving rules do not apply"

Also i find the idea that the local roundabouts are too small or the residents too old to be used properly laughable at best.

Finally The Villages Phone Book tells you how to use the roundabouts on page 49, i quote "WHEN EXITING THE CIRCULATORY ROADWAY FROM THE OUTSIDE TRACK, YIELD TO LEADING OR ADJACENT VEHICLES THAT ARE EXITING INTO THE SAME LANE" and of course there is absolutely no mention of staying in the outside lane!