View Single Post

Old 04-08-2015, 09:44 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Iranians have a new President that appears to be a bit more moderate than the previous. All news coming out of Iran has been very positive, concerning the potential future agreement. At least, the news I have seen.

I don't believe I am delusional. I'm not an uneducated person; have travel the world and lived in many foreign countries, during my career. Certainly, I am not an expert on foreign policy, but like others, I have an opinion. I simply don't subscribe to the apocalyptic scenerio that others describe on this board.
That may be what you see, think or conclude but in most cases is incorrect.
Some of us are in fact learning and have learned from the past. Some obviously have not or sa you said simply ignore it.

North Korea is a perfect eaxample, like it or not. The status of the people are not a priority. Proven time and time again. They also round up and kill those who disagree with them.

I am afraid you are assigning too much hope on Iran's new leader who is merely the public face of Iran. The same Ayotallah and his followers are in real command. They have shown no hesitation to put down and kill those of their people who do not conform. Their belief is if you are not one of them you are inferior....an infidel.....and they belive infidels should be removed.

Back to North Korea....how many agreements have the been a party to signing? Many over the years, usually tied to wanting something in return. Then to only violate and go back to their original ways. This mentality has survived the old guard and the very youngest of them. One can hope there will be change here too......but I think we have learned.

The only reason Iran is in the negotiations is to get the economic sanctions lifted. Period end of any need for much analysis. They too have shown their heritage and their legacy is that of Islam without any doubt. They are most definitely playing Obama and the others involved. They are sponsors of terrorism who would anihalate us in a heart beat...they have said they would.

Feel free to cling to your hope.

Another model? Take a look at Syria. Another country that does not hesitate one nano second to eliminate whole segments of their population if they are deemed unworthy. The too are sponsers of terrorism in the world. We have negotiated, played nice nice with the leadership only for them to continue supporting those who openly claim to remove us from the face of the planet.

Nuclear deterrance has served the USA and it's adversaries for many, many years. The thought of mutual self destruction has been the stabalizing catalyst. The radicals who are involved in Iran, Syria and North Korea would not be deterred by something like deterrance. By their very actions for hundreds of years they will use the weapons they have.

By the way while you are hoping, why is it OK for Iran to want to have nuclear weapons?